Monday, October 31, 2005

I have never really understood Halloween. Today, on my way to lunch, I passed a pair of guys on the sidewalk who were dressed up as Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. These are college students, and they're going to CLASSES like this! Both of them were carrying light sabres, and Darth Vader's outfit was complete with a helmet that made funny noises when he breathed, and crackled when he talked. I sure hope he didn't wear that helmet in class...it definitely made me laugh, though, when he began impersonating in the middle of the sidewalk. He drew his light sabre and blocked my way with it, then I gave him a funny, one-eyebrow-raised look and he let me pass, but then started following a few feet behind me, breathing his funny Darth Vader breaths while I rolled my eyes and tried really hard not to laugh. Maybe I should have laughed. Or maybe I should have stolen his light sabre and run off cackling with glee. :)

1 comment:

t4stywh34t said...

Hah, nice.

Halloween isn't a huge deal here in Australia, which is cool. But we did have a small HDU party, which featured me as Frodo Baggins, Pete Pasieka as Ned Kelly (um...watch the movie, it'll make sense; he's an Aussie hero of sorts), Melissa Murray as a pirate wench, etc etc.