Thursday, October 27, 2005

This one's for you, Chuck...

I was very sad this morning when I heard that the White Sox won the World Series. Which is strange, because I'm not particularly fond of either team, to tell you the truth. But then it dawned on me - I have friends for whom this actually matters! None of them were really rooting for the White Sox, but one of my friends actually LIVES in Houston, and another one was cheering from Australia, and the general trend here in the office was on the Astros' side, so I joined the collective disappointment that it was all over last night...I'm glad there's more to life than baseball!

That said, my parents called me today - from BRAZIL!!!! It made my day. :)

2 comments:

t4stywh34t said...

Yep, there's more to life than baseball. Like football and hockey!

Just kidding.

Thanks for the sympathy. Flowers and cards can be sent to Cherith's home address, and I'll pick them up when I'm home again. :-)

Here's to next year.

re: your parents calling - awesome!

Michelle said...

Yes, in spite of the fact that I've never in my life been interested in baseball, I was very sad that they lost. But the worst was Game 3, because my roomie came out and said "They're tied in the 9th inning!" And I thought, "I can watch just the end of the 9th inning." But it didn't end there. In fact, I was studying for my phonetics midterm and watching the painfull third game until 1:30 am. And then they lost. And after that I was really bummed.

Someone mentioned the word "baseball" at the ling department potluck tonight and simultaneously six thousand people jumped on her and said "PLEASE!! Don't talk about it!!"