Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cold vs. Brutal Cold

When it's cold, it makes your face numb when you walk outside. When it's brutal cold, going outside makes your face hurt!

When it's cold, you have to dress warmly. When it's brutal cold, there is no amount of dressing warmly that keeps the wind from slicing through you like a frozen knife!

When it's cold, you can see your breath outside. When it's brutal cold, you can't breathe outside!

When it's cold, condensation forms on the inside of my bedroom windows. When it's brutal cold, there's frost on the inside of my windows.

When it's cold, the snow might be good for making a snowman or a snow fort or having a snowball fight. When it's brutal cold, the snow is so powdery and frozen that you can't make anything out of it.

The only good thing about the brutal cold vs. the cold is that when it's brutal cold, the temperature never gets close enough to freezing to make the snow melt and then re-freeze around the edges of your car doors, to make a hermetic seal that is nearly impossible to break!

It's BRUTALLY COLD right now!!!! I never thought I'd be saying this, but I miss the cold...the kind without the "brutal" part...

4 comments:

tskd said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's true, right? All things are relative. Even cold is nice when the comparison is WORSE!

I'm glad you don't have to crack open your car door though-it just prolongs the pain in your fingers.

I was walking to work the other day and my mp3 player wasn't working, so I took my glove off to see if I could get a new battery out of my backpack. Haha, I had the glove off for all of 2 seconds before thinking to myself, "I'd rather walk in silence than lose all of my fingers!"

I'm coming up Rochester way tomorrow for 10 days to watch the babies. Wanna come hang out?

Anonymous said...

Becca,
There you are in the brutal cold, and here we are in the heat and rain. Thunderstorms, showers, flooded streets, traffic... Remember?
Hang in there thru the snow, wind and sub zero chill. Enjoy your tea! We will be praying for safe driving, too.
At least you don't live east of Lake Ontario, with 100 inches of snow. That's CRAZY!!!!
Blessings and beijos,
Mamae

Ben said...

I felt a little chilly today when i was walking to go get lunch with my friend Tony, but then I remembered that I haven't worn my winter coat in KY ever and that it was only 29 degrees!!

So I don't miss the bitter cold, but man do I miss the cold and the SNOW!!

Hiram said...

i like windstopper fleece. and missing work because of snow... does any of that apply here?