Tuesday, November 22, 2005

So, tomorrow I don't have to work. Or the next day. Or the next day...and so on, until MONDAY! It's strange, but I almost wish I had a paper to work on (I know, call me crazy), because I have no idea what I'll do with myself for 5 days! 5 days without work? Without papers and things to keep my mind busy? 5 days at home alone? Well, I guess I'm exaggerating a little, because I won't really be home alone for all 5 days...

On Thanksgiving Thursday I'll be around people - at Glenn & Maxine Cockle's, to be precise, with loads of other people including the adorable Clancey! And I may also be able to stop by the Fuller residence for a few hours to play games and chat and talk to Dan's grandparents about growing up in Brazil. Depending on how awake we all still are after the turkey effect kicks in. :) Then Friday, Laura and Walter, Karen and Brian, and myself will head up to Aunt Susan & Uncle Edgar's house in Niagara Falls, for a belated Thanksgiving dinner and lots of games...They're from the Clark side of the family, not the Myers side, and the whole Clark clan are board game fiends! Especially word games, like Speed Scrabble, or Boggle, or Balderdash, although they have been known on occasion to play Cranium or Pictionary. (No, we're not going to hit the stores on "the biggest Christmas shopping day of the year"...I think it's dumb, not to mention stressful, and I would much rather spend time with people eating, talking, and playing games than shopping!) It will be wonderful to be together with my family again, and to celebrate Thanksgiving twice - I have double reasons to be thankful! :)

But, all the same, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for the other 3 days...I will sleep in and read a few books, probably bake at least once, take a bubble bath, clean my room, finally put together the prayer wall that I've been dreaming about for a month now, and spend much time thanking God for all the wonderful, amazing blessings He's given me out of the depths of His grace, and praying for all of you who are scattered across the world right now. And I will probably be a little bit lonely, and I will probably miss you every day, but maybe the missing will make it that much more wonderful when we meet again. Kind of like sleeping in your own bed is so much nicer after being on the road, sleeping in sleeping bags and on couches. And maybe I'll actually be able to sit down and write in my journal again!!! Something I haven't done in ages, and I really miss it...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, all my wonderful friends! :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Mark got some tests back from the doctor today that were positive for mono. And I have no car here. And he's too sick to come get me. So I'm not sure how much I'll actually see him.

Hence the week devoted to homework, instead of what I was planning to do. I can't even go see my dad in MtV now cause I have no way to get there. But hopefully I'll be able to plow my way through various and sundry term papers and projects...

I love you! And I've been thinking about spending last Thanksgiving with you and how that was so cool. And I miss you!!

KJBLS said...

happy thanksgiving, bexx! hang in there. in my experience, the steeling of yourself knowing you'll be alone can be harder than being alone in itself.
i miss you!
and wow, i hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but i really really really do miss my own bed! :(

Daniel said...

Bexx:
Hope that your time with the Cockle's, my family, and your aunt and uncle was not too overwhelming but peaceful! Win a scrabble game for me, aight?

Whitfield said...

I love you Bexx! I had an interesting and good Thanksgiving in Japan. All the English teachers met in Akita (there are about 13 of us, plus 2 boys) and cooked up a storm and played card games and ate turkey orded in from Minnesota because Japan doesn't have turkeys. At least, not like we think of turkey. And shared the things that we were thankful for. I'm so thankful to God for all the simply amazing ways in which he blessed me through Houghton. Above all, his drawing me closer to himself... and giving me so many people to love and be loved by in return. I love you so much! I'm thankful to not only call you friend, but also sister.

a BIG hug!!!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Bexx!!! I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving with you family! It was so great to go to PA and celebrate thanksgiving with those that I am oh so thankful for! It was a little bittersweet knowing that next year we'll be half-way across the world, away from family - and also that next year i'll have to do all the cooking myself. AH! But it's an adventure, and for that, I am thankful! :) I love you! I can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks!