Friday, December 16, 2005

The countdown's getting lower every day...

Did you ever sing that song in Sunday school when you were a kid? I used to love counting down from 10 while progressively decreasing the space between my hands, until at the end of the countdown we would all clap our hands together really loudly..."The count(CLAP)down's getting lower every day!"

Well, for me, it's down to 2, and I can hardly wait until the part when I can clap my hands. Or better yet, when I can clasp one of my hands together with another hand that belongs to a very tall Daniel. In 2 days, 2 hours, and 20 minutes, there will be a big hullaballoo at the Rochester airport as Dan is mobbed by the hugs of a mom, a dad, a sister, a brother, and a girlfriend who are incredibly glad that he is home. Between now and then, I will go to Chuck & Cherith's wedding, sing in my church's Christmas musical, clean my messy room, and try to eat and sleep although I may be slightly too nervous for the last two...

Wow - the next time I sit down at this desk, I will be grinning to put the Cheshire cat to shame. Because the countdown will be over and Dan will be home. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curte bastante, querida!
Sentimos a sua falta, mas vc cresceu! E' gente grande, mesmo.
Amamos vc muito. Recebe os nossos abracos pela web, mas estamos orando por vc.
Aguente firme ate'a chegada do amado!
Beijos e carinho,
Mamae e papai

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Wow, only one more day to go! I started reading your comment thinking, oh, she's counting down to Christmas! then slowly my brain caught on and I am so happy for you!!! Eat! Sleep! I can't wait to see and hear about it all from you!
I love you so much!!
Amy