Monday, December 19, 2005

A very eventful weekend...

Chuck and Cherith got married!!! It was beautiful, and now they are one. Crazy. Wonderful.

And DAN IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And cross-cultural transition is hard...especially when you're on the outside looking in. I'm used to being the one going through it, not the one watching, and I hate the feeling of having my hands tied behind my back, like I'm about as useful as a fire hydrant. Except fire hydrants can't pray. Or give backrubs. Or make Christmas cookies. On second thought, maybe I don't feel so much like a fire hydrant.

And I am very thankful for God's grace.

4 comments:

KJBLS said...

SOOO happy for you!
know that my thoughts are with both of you!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! So so happy for you! (I loved your post on the reunions! Can't wait to have one with you) And diddo to what Kat says!
Amy

tskd said...

yay BEXX!!! Yay yayayay! I'm SO thrilled for you!!!!! Countdown's done and long-distance is over!!And you're SO right, it's MUCH better to not be a fire hydrant. Becuase cross cultural transitions are SO much easier when shared with people who understand why they are so difficult. You're amazing my red-haired rommie. I miss you! Say hi to one Daniel Fuller.

Anonymous said...

Becca,
You are part a community of TCK's, and you all understand what it is to walk through this process -- and Dan is learning what it is all about.
I loved tskd's comments -- remember to respect, even when it hurts, cause you can't agree with it. There is lots of worth in it -- after all we start somewhere, and that starting place is usually home (with its culture and quirks).
Becca, glad you are part of our home and family -- and that your starting place was here (where ever that was).
Love you,
Papai