Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Have you ever had one of those days when everything seems to go by in slow motion? Well, today was one of those days. I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck - body aches, fever, sore throat, sinus pressure, the whole shabang...So I called in sick and tried to go back to sleep, but I just tossed and turned. Finally, I decided it was useless to try anymore, and I got up, showered, took some Day Quil, and trucked off to work. I feel like I've been blundering around in a hazy daze, taking longer than usual to do everything, having to have everyone repeat things to me because I forget them...And I really miss being able to breathe through my nose...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, it is amazing how our bodies work, and when they don't, life get's strange!
Drink plenty of fluids, get lots of rest.
I'd send you some chicken soup, or sopa de mandioquinha, if I could.
Have a cup of lemon grass tea and a hug.
Beijos,
mamae

Whitfield said...

me and you both, bexx... except me not that bad, thankfully. i took some medicine tonight (finally broke down), so hopefully it won't turn into anything worse.

funny story.
the other day (yesterday, in fact) i sat in a coffee shop for a couple over hours waiting for my afternoon train ... relaxing, enjoying my chai tea latte, and writing a very long letter to you (not the whole time, but a good chunk of it). today i got an email from an english teacher friend of mine, brooke, who said that another english teacher friend of ours, glen, went into starbucks (the evil empire coffee shop, but the only one around. argh!) later that day (he had actually come in earlier too and was talking with me for a while), and the extremely nice workers there handed him a letter... and on the back it had written on it "Letter #1... grins". he asked brooke if it was mine. brooke saw the "grins" and said yes. and so your letter has been saved. yay!!!

love you! and i'll send it to you as soon as i get it back from brooke and finish "Letter # 2".

grins!

rachel

t4stywh34t said...

Nose-breathing is over-rated, I think.

This coming from someone who hasn't fully breathed from both nostrils since...oh, 1990.