Thursday, October 26, 2006

'Tis the season

To be jolly? Well, yes, jolliness is always welcome. But I was thinking something more along the lines of 'Tis the season for diamond rings, fa la la la la, la la la la...

In the past 2 weeks, 3 couples that I know have gotten engaged! I had no idea October was such a popular proposal time! Congratulations to Laura Mann and Dan Kilpatrick, and also to the lovely Amy Nordaas and Sam Divinagracia! It seems like just yesterday I found out that they were dating (although it's really been much longer than yesterday...), and now they're gonna get married...Crazy!

The third couple, and the most shocking of all, is my high school Brazilian Geography teacher, Prof. Silvano, who has been teaching at PACA for what seems like forever, and for all intents and purposes seemed to be a confirmed bachelor. But apparently that has all changed! The weekly school newsletter cites, "Prof. Silvano Kubo officially (and publicly!!) proposed to his girlfriend, Luciene, in between the boys’ and girls’ basketball games, down on his knees in the middle of the court with a bouquet of red roses." Double crazy!

And tomorrow I'm heading out to Boston for Jenn Krueger's wedding on Saturday. Triple crazy!


Hey, all you single people out there, let's have a party in celebration of singleness. :)

3 comments:

Ben said...

Yeah, party for those of us who are single!!

Let's party like it's 1999.

Whitfield said...

Count me in!! woohoo! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm in. Travel season ends Nov. 12 :) Great way to recover from the Big Bad Bus Trip...

Tim