Thursday, November 09, 2006

My heart aches...

Because, having listened in and spied on part of Jars of Clay's sound check, and getting a brief taste of some of that delectable music, alas, I will not be able to partake of the concertous feast they will put on later tonight, to the delight of many ears and the nourishment of many souls.

For I showed up to buy my tickets on the day they sold out. Perhaps next time, my friends! For now, I must be content with the memory of a few guitar strains and vocal harmonizations, and a passing glimpse of the band members through the window in the door next to the chapel stage...Ah, how it hurts to be so close, and yet so far...

3 comments:

tskd said...

what?! Just go try and sneak in. Surely, surely...

Ben said...

I agree with Teagan, you surely could have snuck in.

rebequinha said...

Well, you see, I thought about it...I really did. But when it came down to it, I would have had to miss worship team practice, and even though I would have had permission from my pastor to do so, I would have felt like I was above the rules. 'Cause it is one of my biggest pet peeves when people miss practice and then show up on Sunday morning expecting to sing or play. So I was responsible and went home and went to worship team practice instead. :) Which, overall, isn't really a bad alternative! Listening to people I don't know sing beautiful music to God, or being part of MAKING music to God, with people who I know and love and with whom I share my walk with Christ...hmmm, somehow, I think that I enjoy the latter better, in general! :)