Monday, January 29, 2007

This came in my mailbox today:

And it makes me very, very happy. :)

(What DOESN'T make me happy is that it was on HALF of the BACK of the card where Donald Miller's lecture was advertised...sharing the space with another female speaker at the lecture series...So, as an act of protest, I turned the whole stack over on our counter, so that Lauren and Debbie are the first people you see, and you have to flip it over to see Don. Not that I necessarily have anything against Don! It's just that everyone and their mom already knows about him and has read his stuff, while surprisingly few people have heard of Lauren - whose books are at least as good as Don's, and whose life journey to Christ through Judaism is supremely fascinating. Not to mention that she loves liturgy, which gives her lots of points in my book, and she has spent LOTS of time studying church history. Which rocks my world. If nothing else, more people need to know about Lauren Winner! If you haven't read her stuff, you can borrow my copies anytime.)

6 comments:

hearthevoice.com said...

I agree that people need to know more about Lauren. I don't know if you have heard about her involvement with The Voice, (www.hearthevoice.com), but it is a retelling of the Scriptures and Lauren was the sole writer of The Voice of Matthew. You can download the first chapter free on the site, but I'd love to get your opinion of the project.

blessings,
jc

tskd said...

um, donald miller is coming to houghton? i forget what lecture series are. am i allowed to come?

rebequinha said...

Yah! He's speaking in chapel on Feb. 5, and then again in the evening that same day. It's free to the public, too! :)

the reified bean said...

Yeah, you just think sex is more important than jazz. :)

it's gonna be a good day. i think I'm working, too, so I'll get paid to watch. and unlock doors for Donald and Lauren. Maybe I'll on-purpose miss a few of my scheduled unlocks and have to get called in to save the day...

dlh

sweetmiss said...

..i'm thinking perhaps a 'spiritual retreat' is desperately in order for the fourth weekend in march.

if it works out, could i sleep on your couch?

KJBLS said...

how did miller's talk go?

paul and i are jealous.

and i'm reading Girl meets God. AGAIN.