Monday, March 13, 2006

raindrops keep falling on my head...

earlier today water was pouring down from the sky, and now it's drizzling outside, and if there were any doubts in your mind before about how i feel about rain, let it be known that i have definitively decided - i love rain! why do i love rain? well, let me tell you!

  • the amazingly soothing sound it makes on the roof
  • the way it beads up on the windows, and runs down the panes of glass in tiny rivulets
  • the smell of rain...sigh...
  • the smell after the rain
  • the puddles, oh, the puddles!
  • the soft, springy feeling of the ground when you go for a walk after it's rained
  • standing outside in the rain, with my face turned up to the sky, eyes closed, letting it wash over me from head to toe
  • the fact that it washes my car for me :)
  • the way it makes everything greener
  • lightning! so beautiful...
  • the way thunder rattles the window panes
  • the silence after a storm is done, and then the birds start chirping again
  • i even love the worms that come crawling out onto the sidewalk when it rains...
  • and when rain is coming down from the sky, it means it's warm! no freezing on its way through the atmosphere! :)

4 comments:

the reified bean said...

me too! hoooray for spring! dead winter is gone and unassuming bashfully full-of-life spring is upon us!

dlh

Ben said...

Amen and Amen, i love rain storms and best of all are big thunderstorms.

Anonymous said...

Rain is WONDERFUL! But there are times in the city that the caos of the traffic in the rain and flooding make me dread the storm, if I need to go out. However, if I can just watch the clouds, wind lightning and rain, then I am enthralled with our Creator's power and beauty.I'm so thankful for the view from my kitchen window!

KJBLS said...

ha ha... i used to want to name my daughter raine and i'm not even an ex-hippie!

i love rain, too. especially real rain that so rarely comes at Houghton. rain that pours and pours.

and i love YOU!