Thursday, March 30, 2006

I had a terrible, horrible dream last night

You see, it was one of those dreams in which you dream about waking up and getting ready for the day and doing everything you would usually do after really waking up. Except this time, when I opemed the curtains in my kitchen to let the sunshine in while I ate breakfast, I looked out onto a yard covered in SNOW! A whole foot of it, freshly fallen that night, with freezing winds and everything. Needless to say, I panicked, because in real life, for the past few days we have finally been having the most GORGEOUS spring weather here in Houghton - sunshine, warmth, blue skies, the whole deal. But with it still being March, there is still that teeny-tiny voice that says, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched - winter may come back again..." My dream came from that voice. And when I opened the curtains to see another beautiful sunshiny day, with no snow, I defiantly mentally squashed the source of that evil little voice, and proceeded to wear sandals to work as a step of faith in the permanence of spring! Please stay, beautiful spring weather!

3 comments:

Whitfield said...

hahahahaha Becca! I love you! SQUASH the source of that tiny evil voice! hehe And then come to Japan and squash it here because right now it's SNOWING!! ugh.
oh yes... and look for something in the mail in about a week. grins
AND give Kat and Amy and HUGE hug from me! I can't believe it's just a little over a month before I see all of you!!! hurrah! I love you SO much!
mpwah!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I love dreams like that! How much more pleasant to really wake up and realize that it is STILL SPRING!!! Oh how I hate being stuck inside when it's so beautiful out. I ate my lunch yesterday looking out the window at the kids playing kickball in gym and desperately wished that i could be out there with them. :)
Love you, girl!

sweetmiss said...

becca. you have such a beautiful heart. i miss you.