Monday, January 30, 2006

Funny story of the week...

So, I love small children. I love the way they talk, dropping letters and mixing up words. I love (and envy) their amazing amounts of energy, and I inevitably get a very silly grin on my face when I'm "attacked" by a full-body kid hug - you know, the kind that finds their legs wrapped around your waist, and their arms trying as hard as they can to reach around your neck, and a slobbery kiss planted on your cheek? Those are the best. Especially when followed up by tickling. :) Another one of my favourite things about kids is their adaptability, their ability (most of the time) to go with the flow. Well, yesterday after church, Joshua Ward, the adorable 2-year-old son of Pastor Jon and Ashley, proved his ability to go with the flow. Literally.

We all had Sunday dinner over at Laura and Walter's, and Joshy (pronounced "Shoshy" by him...) was REALLY thirsty. He had a whole glass of milk before lunch, and another one with the meal. We DID take him to the bathroom before sitting down to eat, but as a distractable boy in the process of being potty-trained, he was a little too engrossed with playing with his food to notice that his bladder was full. So, needless to say, at one point when his dad was checking to see if he had eaten enough, it became apparent that there was a rather large wet stain on Shoshy's pants...Oh, well! He didn't mind being wet, so he ran around in wet pants for a while until he came up to his dad and said he needed to go to the bathroom. Again. Not 5 minutes later. Well, Josh beat his dad to the bathroom, but still wasn't fast enough...so Pastor Jon had a very wet sock...and Josh's clothes were soaked beyond wearing. No worries! Who needs pants? Life is much more fun when you're FREE!!!!! (Although it IS a bit more drafty...) So we had a very cute 2-year-old boy running around the house with a shirt and sweater on, and nothing else. Without a care in the world. :) My favourite part was when he ran over to the window that overlooks the street, and hid behind the curtains from all of us. (Except, of course, he forgot that while hiding from us he was exposing his naked tush to the whole rest of the world!!!!!) It was adorable. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

3 comments:

Whitfield said...

hahahahaha!

When I read this I almost peed MY pants! ;)

grins

Love you Bexx!
And I miss your laugh. mpwah!

Whitfield said...

YOU are wonderful!! grins

t4stywh34t said...

Hah, that's hilarious.