Monday, January 02, 2006

I wish I had pictures...

Pictures of a lovely weekend in Washington, DC, with Mike, Tegan, and Mike's sister Kimmie! Of the living room floor strewn with books that we all have been reading, the massive jar of Nerds that has been getting emptier and emptier every day (hehehe...), the Russian teacakes that we baked last night, and of course Tegan curled up for a nap in the papasan chair. Or in bed. Or on the floor. Or pretty much anywhere. :) Pictures of the four of us crowded around a computer screen watching movies late at night, or wandering around the DC malls on New Year's Eve only to find that pretty much everything closed at 6 pm except the wine & liquor stores...interesting... Oh, and pictures of Tegan taking over the world!!! That's right, we brought in the New Year playing Risk, and although I had control of all of the Americas and almost half of Asia at one point, everyone ganged up on me and I was the first one eliminated...and then Tegan took over the world...Maybe someday I'll develop a sense of strategy! Until then, I will fly by the seat of my pants as usual.

"Any New Year's resolutions?" you may ask. And my answer is no. I have a life resolution: I want to learn. I want to learn how to change my own oil. I want to learn how to play the guitar. I want to learn how to listen better, instead of having my first reflex be to open my mouth and blurt something out. I want to learn about grace, about trust, about hope, about love, about what kind of justice God wants, about sacrifice, about how to pray without ceasing. I want to learn how to make bread without a recipe (I still need to peek sometimes...). I want to learn how to hold tightly, tenaciously, to the things that matter, and learn how to let go of the things that don't matter. I want to learn to wake up every morning and face life head on, with my eyes wide open. This is my life resolution. I want to be a perpetual learner.

In other news, KATRINA AND AMY GET BACK TODAY!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I can hardly wait. (And, Amy, Tegan graciously bestowed some ginger on me, so now we can make ginger tea!)

3 comments:

Whitfield said...

ahhh! bexx! i'm so excited for you to see them! (make sure you get lots of hugs from them from me) :)
i'm so glad you got to spend time with tegan and mike! aww! i miss all of you so much! but i had a wonderful post-christmas and new year's with amy and sam and her parents. what an incredible gift to have them here in japan!

Whitfield said...

oh! forgot to ask you...
what's your recipe for russian tea cakes?? i am sooo craving them!
grins
love you becca!!!!! soooo much! :)
rachel

tskd said...

oooo, i'm exploding, so i have to write this SOMEWHERE and since AMY doesn't HAVE a blog and you'll see her soonest, I'm writing it here and you can pass it on!!

Amy, you have a boyfriend and you forgot to MENTION it to me?! You're going to get in BIG trouble young lady. HUGE trouble! I'm going to...going to...do something VERY bad to you as soon as I see you on Saturday. GRAWL!!!! :)