Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Do you know what LavaLife is?

Well, neither did I, until yesterday. Sheri (my boss) and I were working on reconciling all the statements for the department's credit cards for the past month, and there was a charge on it that we had no record of ever making. It was from a place called LavaLife, and so I googled it, and it confirmed our suspicions that it's definitely not a purchase anyone here in the gym would have made. (At least I hope not...because it turns out it's an online DATING SERVICE!!!!) We laughed and laughed and laughed, until several people (including Bill Swanson and Matt Webb) jokingly 'fessed up, which made us laugh more because everyone in the Athletic Department is married except myself and 2 other women! (And, no, we're not that desperate. If I ever use a "meet other singles" service of any kind, you have every right to drag me out into the street and shoot me!) So someone's personal life is more exciting now, thanks to Houghton College. Of all things to steal someone's credit card number for...

4 comments:

Ben said...

that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I laughed my head off at that! :) I guess a stolen credit card number could be used to purchase worse things! :)
BTW, have you heard the new Geico commercial about the dating service? It's hysterical!

KJBLS said...

i don't know, i hear eharmony is pretty great.

according to some grandma lady who recommended the service to me.

Karen & Brian said...

Hey, it happens to everyone at some point. We just resolved a purchase from KidMusic.com. We never heard of the site but we bought $40 worth of music from them.