Friday, April 07, 2006

When worlds collide

Wow. Jeremy Davis just walked by the door to my office on his wandering tour of the gym, and I jumped up, threw open my office door, and gave him one of the biggest hugs ever! You see, I've never seen him in this country before. And now he's in HOUGHTON!!!! I've known him ever since he was born, in Brazil, into one of the most amazing families in my mission, just 10 months after my brother Ben was born. And now he's visiting colleges!!!! Unbelievable. He's one of my little brother Ben's best friends (one of the "Three Stooges," as I affectionately call Ben, Jer, and Caleb, who have been practically inseparable since birth), and a REALLY quality 15-year-old guy. Jer, you're awesome!

And since he can't drive yet, that also means that his dad, Uncle Mike, is here on campus, with not that much to do while Jeremy's doing his stuff. So I get to see, and talk to, and laugh with, one of my favourite "uncles!" He can play virtually every musical instrument known to humanity, and if he's never seen it or played it before, just give him a couple minutes with it and he'll be a pro. And he's a great preacher - although, come to think of it, I've never heard him preach in English before... :) I can't wait to hear how he's doing, how the whole Davis family is doing, to catch up on news and life from back home. And to get an Uncle Mike hug. Oh, how I miss his belly laugh!

I'm so excited, I can't stop grinning! Wow. God is so amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becca,
We are jealous. Have FUN!
Beijos.
Mamae