Monday, April 24, 2006

Why do car accidents always seem to happen in parking lots?

The two times that my car has been damaged since she has been in my possession have both been in parking lots. The first one was in the church parking lot, a late night after choir practice, dark & snowy...a small dent, no big deal. Friday, though, it was in broad daylight and a slightly bigger deal! As I was idling, waiting for a pump to open up at the gas station, a girl who had just gotten off her shift tending the cash register was completely oblivious to the world around her as she backed out of her parking spot directly into my rear driver's side door...Hard. Apparently, she was in the middle of a fight with her boyfriend as she was pulling out, which explains the distraction, but still doesn't fix my door...Argh, I hate having to deal with this stuff!

My poor Talullah...all beat-up... :(

6 comments:

tskd said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!!! does the crasher have insurance? make sure you take pictures! poor tallulah!!! (sp??) did you get banged up at all?

rebequinha said...

I'm fine, it's just the door...Yeah, she has insurance, but everything is such a pain in the rear to figure out! I got an estimate and the insurance company would probably want to give me a whole new door, which would be about $900, although fixing and repainting this one would probably be about $600...

Hey, is there any way to have the insurance pay for the more expensive repair, then actually do the cheaper one so I get to keep the difference? :) (Actually, I'd still end up spending the difference on my car...it would just be to get an alignment and new brake pads...)

tskd said...

i'm pretty sure that you can get from the insurance whatever the "whole new door" estimate is becuase that is a reasonable cost... and then you can even NOT fix the car at all if you want. or just make a functioning repair (like make sure the door opens and shuts). unless you want to sell the car ever, in which case you'd need to make some kind of facial repair as well. i think the best thing to do would be to call YOUR insurance company and explain and ask them. Becuase I'm not sure if you have to submit the actual reciept of repairs (I don't think so) or if you just have to submit the estimate for the whole new door.

rebequinha said...

Spanks! You're wonderful. :) I'll let you know how it goes...

Whitfield said...

good luck!! grins

Whitfield said...

ps. I still love her. ;) Dented and all. grins